Friday, June 4, 2010

Official: Rafa Benitez leave Liverpool


From LiverpoolFC.com

Liverpool FC today confirmed that Rafael Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent.

The Board has now asked Managing Director Christian Purslow, with the assistance of Club Ambassador Kenny Dalglish, to begin a formal search to identify and assess potential candidates for the managerial position.

No timescale has been placed on the process and Liverpool FC will make no further statement until a new manager is appointed.

Rafael Benitez said: "It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC. I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

He is not performing since 2007...it's about time... Inter Milan could be Rafa next destination. The Italian giant had previously express their interest to capture the Spaniard service.

Who will be the next Liverpool boss?

a) Roy Hodgson
b) Mark Hughes
c) Martin O'neill
d) Jurgen Klinsman
e) Frank Rijkaard

p/s: Let's hope Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard move to Manchester United. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment